The Robert Fripp String Quintet - The Bridge Between
Originally released: 1993
- 3'42 Kan-Non Power (Moriya)
- 2'36 Yamanashi Blues (Lams)
- 5'29 Hope (A. Dehonestis, J.P. Sinks, arr. Gunn)
- 1'37 Chromatic Fantasy BWV 903 (J.S. Bach arr. Gunn)
- 2'16 Contrapunctus (J.S. Bach arr. Lams)
- 3'18 Bicycling to Afghanistan (C. Golden)
- 5'26 Blue (Fripp, Gunn) => Reviews
- 3'17 Blockhead (Richards)
- 6'52 Passacaglia BWV 582 (J.S. Bach arr. Lams)
- 12'45 Threnody for Souls in Torment (Fripp, Gunn)
Reviews are listed in chronological order within each section. Please retain a chronological order when adding new reviews.
Date Submitted: 26-Sep-00
By: Chylinski (hylinski at sa dot ozland dot net dot au)
"To me, this is a wonderful disc. The Bach would not be out of place on a mainstream classical record. Kan-non Power is an excellent opener, and the awesome Threnody reminds me of Lygeti ..
"Where has this been hiding for the last eight years?"
Date Submitted: 10-Jun-96
By: Christoph Nahrgang (uhrzb005 at post dot uni-bielefeld dot de)
"I am quite sure that everybody has already recognized that "blue" (track 7 of "the bridge between") is some kind of variation of "starless". if not: just listen!"